Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

Favorites Friday: Bic Mark-It's



As all artists know, art supplies can be are expensive! Unfortunately it can sometimes be hard to find an item that is both fits the budget, but above all performs spectacularly.This proves to be particularly true when it comes to markers.

Art markers come in a variety of forms, whether you use Copic, Prismacolor, or Chartpak to name just a few. By the time you get your primary colors, you already dropped a pretty penny towards these supplies and still don't have all the colors you want. Now, I'm not discrediting these products in any way, as I use them, and each serves it's own purpose!

However, one of the markers that I go to the most are the Bic Mark-It's. I find these markers to be very affordable, and provide exceptional quality. They come in a great array of colors, and if you get the 36 pack, you are going to be all set!

The main feature that initially caught my attention is that they are marketed as acid-free, which for this price point is phenomenal. This is particularly important, because overtime it's not going to fade or discolor. Whatever you create with these markers will last. I have art pieces I made several years ago, and they still look just as great today as they did the day that I created it. 

Another great feature for the type of art that I do, is that these markers handle layers well. I was able to create multiple layers and blend without colors bleeding or smudging. They worked exactly how I wanted and intended them to do. One thing that impressed me right away was how they work with other art markers.  I had no issues combing these markers when using other brands.

Now, this is not an official review of the product by any means. It's just me... telling you... what I like about it. Everyone has different applications and needs for how they want their supplies to perform. So as with anything, you may not get the same results. I, however, have always been extremely satisfied with this product, and give credit where credit is deserved. With that being said, I hope you will give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment